Associate of Arts in Bilingual Communication Studies (ENGLISH & CHINESE) (at Telford Annex)
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Communicate in the spoken and written language of their option (English and Chinese) about personal, social, cultural and workplace matters at a level equivalent to an internationally recognized assessment test (International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0);
- Demonstrate a level of language skills appropriate for further studies, for employment and for personal development ;
- Apply enhanced general knowledge of languages, society and culture of their option for further study and/or employment ;
- Identify and critically explore problems, gather relevant information, carry out and present basic research under guidance, and propose solutions to address problems responsibly both individually and as part of a team ;
- Relate major ideas in arts and humanities, science and technology to their own area of study.
MAIN SUBJECT AREAS
- English Language Enrichment
- Digital Document Design
- English in the Media
- Oral Skills
- English for Business Contexts
- Bilingual Project
- Chinese Language Enhancement
- Practical Chinese Writing
- Classical Chinese Literature
- Modern Chinese Literature
- Creative Writing
- Translation: English and Chinese
- Contemporary China: Challenges and Strategies
FURTHER STUDIES PATHWAYS
- Table below shows the Bachelor's degree programmes which have admitted our past graduates. The list provided herein serves as a reference only, as the offering Institution might suspend or terminate their programmes at any time on their sole discretion.
City University of Hong Kong - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Chinese - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Media and Communication - Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Public Policy, Management, and Politics - Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Social Work CityU, School of Continuing and Professional Education - Bachelor of Arts (Honours)English for International Corporate Communication, University of Central Lancashire - Bachelor of Arts (Honours)International Business Communication with Chinese/Japanese, University of Central Lancashire Hong Kong Baptist University - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English Language and Literature - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in English Language and Literature and Bachelor of Education (Honours) in English Language Teaching Hong Kong Polytechnic University - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Bilingual Studies - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Chinese and Bilingual Studies HKU, School of Professional and Continuing Education -Bachelor of Arts Communication, Advertising and Public Relations, Edinburgh Napier University -Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies, Middlesex University -Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Media and Cultural Studies, Middlesex University Lingnan University - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Contemporary English Studies PolyU, School of Professional Education and Executive Development - Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication The Chinese University of Hong Kong - Bachelor of Arts in History The College of International Education, Baptist U - Bachelor of Arts in Liberal and Cultural Studies The Hong Kong Institute of Education - Bachelor of Education (Honours) (Chinese Language) - Bachelor of Education (Honours) (Primary) The University of Hong Kong - Bachelor of Arts
- Graduates in this programme will be able to find employment in the field of marketing, public relations, media, publishing, journalism and customer services.
- According to the Graduate Exit Survey 2013, CCCU graduates took an average of 1.6 months to get jobs with an average monthly salary of about HK$11,035.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
- No Programme-Specific Entrance Requirement
MODE OF STUDY
- Two-Year Full- time
- The programme/ course(s) in the programme has (have) been included in the list of reimbursable programmes / courses for applications to the Continuing Education Fund.
- Tel: 3442 9729
- Fax: 3442 0378
- Division of Languages and Communication Homepage http://www.cityu.edu.hk/lac/