Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge, principles and ethics into the development and management of leisure and tourism services;
- Analyze the impact of social, cultural, economic, political, technological, environmental and legal contextual factors on leisure and tourism practices;
- Apply interpersonal, communication, information technology, quantitative and analytical, organizational and inter-cultural competencies for effective implementation of functional activities in leisure and tourism service settings;
- Exercise judgement and take responsibility in planning, performing and evaluating activities in leisure and tourism;
- Relate the major ideas in arts and humanities, science and technology to leisure and tourism.
MAIN SUBJECT AREAS
The programme comprises core courses in leisure and tourism including concepts of leisure and tourism, leadership and programming skills, event and festival management, destination planning, marketing, human resources management, etc. In addition, it also includes foundation courses in psychology, sociology, social research, cross-cultural communication and language studies.
To cater for the interests and career plans of students, TWO streams of study are offered for students’ selection:
- Leisure Studies Stream:
Leisure and Tourism Attachment
Design and Management of Leisure Facilities
Health and Fitness
- Tourism Studies Stream:
Leisure and Tourism Attachment
Hospitality and Hotel Management
Contemporary Issues in Tourism Studies
FURTHER STUDIES PATHWAYS
- Table below shows the Bachelor's degree programmes which have admitted our past graduates. The list provided herein serves as a reference only, as the offering Institution might suspend or terminate their programmes at any time on their sole discretion.
City University of Hong Kong - Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Business Economics - Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Applied Sociology - Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Asian and International Studies - Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Environmental Policy - Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Social Work - Bachelor of Social Sciences with Honours in Administration and Public Management# CityU, School of Continuing and Professional Education - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Applied Social Science, Sheffield Hallam University - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Marketing Management, Edinburgh Napier University - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Travel and Tourism Management, Northumbria University - Bachelor of Arts in Tourism and Airline Management, Edinburgh Napier University - Bachelor of Science (Honours) Aviation Management, Coventry University CUHK, School of Continuing Professional Studies - Bachelor of Business (Hotel Management), Griffith University HKU, School of Professional and Continuing Education - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Work Based Learning Studies (Recreation and Sports Management), Middlesex University - Bachelor of Science (Honours) Tourism Management, Plymouth University Hong Kong Baptist University - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Physical Education and Recreation Management - Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Human Resources Management Concentration Hong Kong Polytechnic University - Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Convention and Event Management - Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Hotel Management - Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Tourism Management Lingnan University - Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) Open University of Hong Kong - Bachelor of Social Sciences with Honours in Psychology PolyU, School of Professional Education and Executive Development - Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Travel Industry Management The Chinese University of Hong Kong - Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science and Health Education - Bachelor of Social Science in Geography and Resource Management The University of Hong Kong - Bachelor of Arts - Bachelor of Social Sciences
# Denotes self-financing undergraduate programme(s) at City University of Hong Kong. No self-financing undergraduate programmes will be offered at City University of Hong Kong from 2015-16.
- Graduates of this programme can take up front-line management positions in the Leisure and Cultural Services Department, property management, recreation clubs, health and fitness clubs, airlines, hotels, convention and exhibitions management, and travel agencies.
- According to the Graduate Exit Survey 2013, CCCU graduates took an average of 1.6 months to get jobs with an average monthly salary of about HK$11,035.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS
- No Programme-Specific Entrance Requirement
MODE OF STUDY
- The programme/ course(s) in the programme has (have) been included in the list of reimbursable programmes / courses for applications to the Continuing Education Fund.
- Tel: 3442 9764
- Fax: 3442 0162
- Division of Social Sciences Homepage http://www.cityu.edu.hk/dss