Mr. MA, Lawrence Kwai-hing
Programme Intended Learning Outcome
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in English and Chinese, both written and oral, using appropriate structure and style;
- Apply a range of information technology, numeracy and quantitative skills in processing and collating data and information;
- Apply appropriate presentation and communication skills for academic purpose or at the workplace;
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the socioeconomic environment of Hong Kong; and
- Work in teams, accept individual responsibilities and respect diversity.
- Articulate to Associate Degree Programmes offered by the College (except Associate of Social Science in Social Work);
- Student centered teaching and learning approach;
- A wide variety of extra-curricular activities to enhance whole-person development.
Further Studies Pathways
Graduates of the Diploma in General Studies programme are eligible for admission to the Associate Degree programmes offered by CCCU*. CCCU’s Associate Degree graduates can articulate into the senior year of bachelor’s degree programmes at CityU or other local universities. The College also has established articulation pathways with overseas universities. This international outreach enables our graduates to enter many bachelor’s degree programmes with advanced standing, thus reducing the time they need to complete the programmes. Our Associate Degree graduates can also enter Top-up Programmes leading to degrees awarded by University of Wollongong or other overseas universities.
* except Associate of Social Science in Social Work
All students are required to complete the following eleven courses (3 credit units each) in TWO semesters (one academic year or maximum two years) to be awarded the Diploma in General Studies.
- Courses in Semester A
- Effective English I
- Basic IT Skills
- Foundation Chinese I
- Analytical Thinking and Study Skills
- Hong Kong Economy
- Courses in Semester B
- Effective English II
- Effective English III
- Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods
- Foundation Chinese II
- Intra- and Interpersonal Skills
Medium of Instruction
English supplemented with Chinese where appropriate
To apply for admission to CCCU/UOWCHK Diploma in General Studies programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Achieved total score of at least five* in five best subjects of the HKDSE; or
- Completing other secondary qualifications awarded overseas; or
- Other equivalent qualifications.
*HKDSE Levels 1 to 5 are converted into scores 1 to 5 respectively.
Mode of Study
Teaching and Learning Facilities
All students enrolled in the Diploma in General Studies programmes are entitled to use the Telford Annex Campus, Telford Library and Telford Recreation Club Sports Complex.
Application and Admission
(1) Application Form and the Required Documents
Fill in the application form. The following documents should be submitted together with the completed application form:
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and transcripts
- Photocopy of HKID card or passport
- The original proof of application fee payment (Please DO NOT send personal cheques or cash)
(2) Payment of application fee
Applicants are required to pay an application fee by:
- Direct deposit or ATM transfer at any branch of the Hang Seng Bank (A/C number: 359-300001-004) or;
- Octopus payment in the College Offices located at Li Dak Sum Yip Yio Chin Academic Building (6/F, Room 6104), City University campus, Kowloon Tong or Telford Annex (G/F, Telford Plaza), Kowloon Bay.
(3) Submission of Application
Completed application forms together with relevant documents and the original proof of application fee payments should be sent to:
Community College of City University,
6/F, Room 6104,
Li Dak Sum Yip Yio Chin Academic Building (formerly Academic 2),
Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Completed application forms can be dropped into the collection boxes outside either of these offices from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm daily:
- Community College of City University, 6/F, Room 6104, Li Dak Sum Yip Yio Chin Academic Building (formerly Academic 2), Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon (Kowloon Tong MTR Station Exit C2)
- Community College of City University, Telford Annex, G/F., Telford Plaza, 33 Wai Yip Street, Kowloon Bay [Kowloon Bay MTR Station Exit B]
Walk-In Application Days
Completed application forms can be submitted during walk-in application days scheduled on 11-16 July 2018 and 6-7 Aug 2018.
Tuition and Other Fees
Application Fee: $150
Tuition Fee: All students are required to complete eleven courses (3 credit units each) in TWO semesters (one academic year or maximum two years) to be awarded the Diploma in General Studies. Total tuition fees are $38,500.
Other Fees: A Graduation Fee of $400 will be charged upon enrolment in a programme.
Successful applicants are eligible to apply for Government’s Extended Non-Means Tested Loan Scheme (ENLS) administered by the Student Finance Office of Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency (WFSFAA). The maximum financial assistance under the ENLS is equivalent to the total tuition fees payable for the programme. For enquiries, please call 2150 6223 or visit the website: