This programme aims to provide students with a foundation in generic skills and knowledge for articulation into Associate Degree Programmes through an alternative route for pursuing higher education. It aims to enhance students’ competence in language, develop their cross-disciplinary perspectives, cultivate their independent and creative thinking, improve their generic skills and promote their personal development.
Upon completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Apply a wide range of well practised skills to respond appropriately to written and oral communication in English and Chinese in familiar contexts;
- Engage with a wide range of numerical and graphical data in day to day contexts for analysis;
- Use standard applications to obtain, process and collate information;
- Apply a good understanding of the cultural, socio-economic and technical environment to problem solving;
- Develop self-understanding, self-directed learning ability and ability to work in teams.
- The curriculum provides a foundation to prepare students for further study at tertiary level. It comprises a number of core and elective subjects which cover the following domains: Language, Social Science, Business, Information Technology, Art and Design, Personal Development, Thinking and Study Skills.
- Effective English I
- Effective English II
- Foundation Chinese
- Thinking and Study Skills
- Personal Development Training
- Social Problems and Issues
- Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods
- Basic IT Skills
- Introduction to Business Environment
- Introduction to Basic Psychology
- Introduction to Design
- Computer Graphic and Multimedia Design
- Practical Fundamental Japanese
INTENSIVE LANGUAGE COURSES
The following students are required to take the respective Intensive Language courses*:
- Students scoring lower than Level 4 in HKCEE Chinese & English ;
- Students scoring lower than Grade C in HKCEE Chinese & English (Syllabus B);
- Project Yi Jin graduates;
- Mature students of age 21 or above who undertook the HKCEE before 2008.
- Intensive English I
- Intensive English II
- Intensive Chinese I
- Intensive Chinese II
*An extra fee will be charged if a student is required to take Intensive Language Courses.
- Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Associate Degree Programmes;
- High proportion of graduates admitted to Associate Degree Programmes offered by CCCU;
- Student centered teaching and learning approach;
- A wide variety of extra-curricular activities to enhance whole-person development;
- Scholarships are available.
MODE OF STUDY
- One-year Full-time
- One of the courses in the programme has been included in the list of reimbursable programmes / courses for application for the Continuing Education Fund
- Dr Wong Yuk Tung (Programme Leader)
- Tel: 3442 9880/ 3157 1674/ 2994 0002
- Fax: 3442 0555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WALK IN APPLICATION DAYS
Prospects for Further Studies from Pre-AD
- One-year Full-time
- August 29, 2011 (Monday)