Upon successful completion of this Minor, students should be able to:
1. identify the key concepts, basic features, and core values of social entrepreneurship and explain the development of social enterprises in Hong Kong and different parts of the world.
2. examine social problems from multi-perspectives and suggest innovative interventions for social change and community improvement.
3. develop the intellectual knowledge, the spirit of entrepreneurship, and basic skills required for effective performance and leadership in the public, private and third sectors including social businesses.
4. apply the knowledge and operational strategies in managing social ventures efficiently and effectively with relevant skills drawn from public policy, applied social sciences and business.
5. develop social empathy, moral sensibility, critical capacity, and sustained interest in understanding the major issues and challenges faced by social entrepreneurs and administrators in the public, private and third sectors including social businesses.