BMS2805 - Biochemistry for Veterinary Science
|* The offering term is subject to change without prior notice|
This course aims to provide students:
- an understanding of the chemical structure of biomolecules involved in vertebrate metabolism;
- concepts in biochemical reactions involved in metabolism;
- principles behind the free energy flow in several major metabolic pathways and their controls and integration;
- up-to-date knowledge on the biochemical basis of some diseases;
- experience with some biochemical techniques.
Assessment (Indicative only, please check the detailed course information)
Continuous Assessment: 50%
Examination Duration: 3 hours
Minimum Passing Requirement : A minimum of 30% in coursework as well as in examination, in addition to a minimum of 40% in coursework and examination taken together.
Detailed Course Information
|Department of Biomedical Sciences|