Attending Examinations During Typhoons/Rainstorms
- If a typhoon signal No. 8 or above / black rainstorm warning signal is issued or an “extreme condition”# announcement is issued by the Government after super typhoons before the start of examinations, OR the Hong Kong Observatory announces that a typhoon signal No. 8 or above will be issued within 2 hours, the examinations will be cancelled as follows:
|At or after 7 am||Cancel morning sessions with commencement time before 2:00 pm|
|At or after 12 noon||Cancel afternoon sessions with commencement time at or after 2:00 pm but before 6:30 pm|
|At or after 4 pm||Cancel evening sessions with commencement time at or after 6:30 pm|
- If a typhoon signal No. 8 or above / black rainstorm warning signal is issued OR the Hong Kong Observatory announces that a typhoon signal No. 8 or above will be issued within 2 hours when the examinations are in progress, the examinations will continue unless the Chief Invigilators are advised by the Academic Regulations and Records Office that they should be terminated. For an emergency situation in the examination venue which poses immediate danger to students, the Chief Invigilator may terminate the examination.
# Under certain “extreme conditions” caused by super typhoons, such as serious disruption of public transport services, extensive flooding, major landslides or large-scale power outage, the Government will review the situation (including public transportation and other aspects).
Other Adverse Weather Conditions and Announcements
- In case of other inclement weather which would affect the normal operation of the University, an announcement will be made through the University's home page, the campus public address system as appropriate.
- Announcements made by the Government's Education Bureau affecting primary and secondary schools, post-secondary colleges and technical institutes, etc. do not apply to the University.
Dates for Rescheduled Examinations
- Contingency dates are pre-set for each examination period and venues booked in case any examination has to be cancelled and reheld.
- The timetable for rescheduled examinations arising from adverse weather conditions or any other reasons will be announced together with the examination timetable for each semester.