Applications should reach the General Office of the Department no later than:
- 10 May for Semester A
- 15 October for Semester B
- Check with your home institution if it has an exchange agreement with the Department of Asian and International Studies at City University of Hong Kong (CityU).
- Consult the academic advisor/ departmental coordinator of your home institution on the suitability of the proposed exchange study and related procedures.
- Complete and must submit Application Form and all the required documents (academic transcript, proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable)) in ORIGINAL copy via their home university by the application deadline. Direct applications will not be accepted. The application and all the required documents should reach the General Office of the Department of Asian and International Studies before the application deadline.
- Successful applications will be notified in writing. Participating students are NOT advised to purchase an air ticket until they have received our acceptance letter.
Apart from the Departmental-level student exchange programme, CityU also offers exchange opportunities at Institutional and College levels. For details, please visit website of Global Services Office and College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences respectively.
Inbound exchange students will need to obtain a student visa to study in Hong Kong, unless you have the right of abode or right land in Hong Kong. Our Global Services Office can help you apply the visa. Further details about the student exchange programme will be provided when an individual student.
Courses offered to inbound exchange students please visit here.