B.A. (University of Hong Kong)
MPhil (University of Hong Kong)
Postgraduate Cert. (The Japan Foundation)
PhD (University of Hong Kong)
Film and Society
Japanese Language and Culture
Research Outputs, Awards and Professional Services
Recent Conference Proceedings/Papers
- CHAN YC, "Humanism in Neo-Realistic Cinema", International Conference on Business, Economics, and Social Science & Humanities, Tokyo, Japan, 27/6/2016-28/6/2016.
- CHAN YC, "Femininity in Yamada Yoji's Cinematic Text", International Symposium on Culture, Arts, and Literature, Sapporo, Japan, 24/6/2016-26/6/2016.
- CHAN YC, "Justice in the Development of Community Behind Modernity: the Case of Japan in Motion Pictures", The Asian Conference on Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences 2016, Kobe, Japan, 31/3/2016-3/4/2016.
- CHAN YC, "From Local to Global: the 'Cool Japan' Project", The 2nd Global Creative Industries Conference, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan, 31/3/2016-1/4/2016.
- CHAN YC, "The Chinese Ideology in Japanese Films: An Examination of Yamada Yoji's Family Films", International Journal of Arts and Sciences, Paris, France, 13/4/2015-16/4/2015.
- CHAN YC, "The Transferability of Japanese National Film Policy to Chinese Cinema", The 7th International Conference on the Arts in Society, United Kingdom, 23/7/2012 – 25/7/2012.
- CHAN YC, "National Film Policy and its Effect on the Development of Film Industry in Japan", Japanese Studies Graduate Summer School 2012, Australia, 30/1/2012 – 2/2/2012.
- CHAN YC, "Breakdown of Communication in Japanese Families: A Textual Analysis of Films", The Sixth Annual Conference of the Asian Studies Association of Hong Kong (ASAHK), Hong Kong, PRC, 4/5/2011 – 5/5/2011.
- CHAN YC, "Understanding Japanese culture through films (從日本電影看日本文化)", 2011年第一届日本学论坛学术研讨会, Guangzhou, PRC, 8/5/2011.
- CHAN YC, "Portrayals of "Family" in Japanese Films", The 3rd Annual International Conference on Philology, Literatures and Linguistics, Athens Institute for Education and Research, Greece, 12/7/2010 – 15/7/2010.
- CHAN YC, "Film and World's Sustainability", Asian Conference on Arts and Humanities 2010, The International Academic Forum, Osaka, Japan, 18/6/2010 – 21/6/2010.
- Outstanding Paper Award, 2016 International Symposium on Culture, Arts, and Literature
- Recipient of Scholarship of Japanese Studies Graduate Summer School 2012, The Australian National University (ANU)
- Committee Member, Organizing Committee of The 11th International Symposium for Japanese Language and Japanese Studies, 2015-2016
- Reviewer of an International Peer-reviewing Journal - Sociology and Anthropology since 2016
- Panel Member for Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ), 2015
- Member, Panel of Advisers on Film Censorship for the HKSAR (2008-2014)
- External Examiner of the Hong Kong College of Technology for the Diploma and Higher Diploma programmes in Japanese Studies for the academic years of 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16
- Adjudicator, University Debate Competition 大專辯論賽, 2012
- Member of Internal Validation Panel for "Higher Diploma in Corporate Communications and Language Studies (Japanese Stream)" and "Diploma for Tertiary Studies (Applied Japanese Language and Culture)" for the Hong Kong College of Technology before the programmes were accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) in 2011
Invited Talks/Guest Lectures
- CHAN YC, "Understanding Japanese families through films: from Tokyo Story (1953) to Tokyo Family (2013)", Society of Japanese Language Education Hong Kong, 19/9/2015.
- CHAN YC, "Movie and Society", A Taste of University program 2013 to Hong Kong Correctional Services, 2/3/2013.