BA University of Kansas (Political Science), PhD Harvard University (Political Science and Government)
Associate Professor and Associate Head
Comparative Political Institutions
Southeast Asian politics
Publications (Selected List)
- Ferrara, Federico. 2015. The Political Development of Modern Thailand. Cambridge University Press.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2015. “Democracy in Thailand: Theory and Practice.” In William Case (ed.), The Routledge Handbook of Southeast Asian Democratization. London: Routledge.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2014. “Unfinished Business: The Contagion of Conflict over a Century of Thai Political Development.” In Pavin Chachavalpongpun (ed.), ‘Good Coup’ Gone Bad: Thailand’s Political Developments since Thaksin’s Downfall. Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2013. “The Resistible Rise of Thaksin Shinawatra: Crisis, Change and the Collapse of Thailand’s Democracy.” In N. Ganesan (ed.), Critical Conjunctures in Southeast Asian Politics. Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2012. “The Legend of King Prajadhipok: Tall Tales and Stubborn Facts on the Seventh Reign in Siam.” Journal of Southeast Asian Studies 43: 4-31.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2012. “The Grand Bargain: Making ‘Reconciliation’ Mean Something.” In Aekapol Chongvilaivan, Pavin Chachavalpongpun, and Michael Montesano (eds.), Bangkok, May 2010: Perspectives on a Divided Thailand. Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2011. “Thailand: Minimally Stable, Minimally Democratic.” International Political Science Review 32: 512-528.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2011. “Cleavages, Institutions, and the Number of Parties: A Study of Third Wave Democracies.” Journal of Elections, Public Opinion, and Parties 21: 1-27.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2011. Thailand Unhinged: The Death of Thai-Style Democracy. Singapore: Equinox.
- Federico Federico, Erik S. Herron, and Misa Nishikawa. 2005. Mixed Electoral Systems. New York: Palgrave
- Ferrara, Federico. 2006. “Two in One: Party Competition in the Italian Single Ballot Mixed System.” Electoral Studies 25: 329-350.
- Ferrara, Federico and Erik S. Herron. 2005. “Going it Alone? Strategic Entry Under Mixed Electoral Rules.” American Journal of Political Science 49: 16-31.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2004. “Frogs, Mice and Mixed Electoral Institutions: Party Discipline in Italy’s XIV Chamber of Deputies.” Journal of Legislative Studies 10: 10-31.
- Ferrara, Federico and J. Timo Weishaupt. 2004. “Get Your Act Together: Party Performance in European Parliament Elections.” European Union Politics 5: 283-306.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2004. “Electoral Coordination and the Strategic Desertion of Strong Parties in Compensatory Mixed Systems with Negative Vote Transfers.” Electoral Studies 23: 391-413.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2003. “Why Regimes Regimes Create Disorder: Hobbes’s Dilemma During a Rangoon Summer.” Journal of Conflict Resolution 47: 302-325.
- Ferrara, Federico. 2003. “The Election of the Swedish Riksdag, September 2002.” Representation 39: 146-156.