Teaching and Learning
- Deliver high-quality interdisciplinary and globally-oriented international studies education.
- Combine comprehensive undergraduate teaching with an outstanding set of postgraduate Master's and PhD programmes.
- Pair the core curriculum with specializations in Asian Studies, Development Studies and International Studies.
- Design innovative internships and field trips to complement classroom study.
- Lead the university by ensuring that all AIS undergraduate students attain an international experience of four weeks or longer.
- Adopt cross-disciplinary approaches to key questions about gender, the environment, globalization, international development, migration and cities, political change, religion and security. Faculty members hold backgrounds in Anthropology, History, Political Science and Sociology.
- Publish research outputs at the highest international levels.
- Recruit the world's top scholars of Southeast Asia and Northeast Asia.
- Engage with key social groups to disseminate new knowledge of socio-political, economic and cultural processes of change in Asian countries, situating these changes in the broader international context.
- Act as the lead CityU department in international media outreach.
- Graduate young leaders with advanced research and analytical skills and a regional and international outlook.
- Position students to pursue careers in business, civil service, community organizations, education, media, politics, project management and social enterprises.
- Serve as the most global department at CityU and solidify CityU's ranking as the most international university in the world according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings.